24/7 Emergency, Critical Care and Hospitalization
When it comes to emergencies time is a crucial factor in determining the outcome of an unforeseen accident or injury. We are prepared to handle any emergency at any time of the day or night*.
Our staff is trained and equipped to manage all kinds of emergencies. If you need emergency care for your pets, please call us on 07676365365 immediately while you make your way to our hospital. Our dedicated team will be ready to receive the pet.
List of services available as part of 24/7 emergency and critical care
- Intensive Care Unit
- Preparation for any kind of emergencies during critical hours
*Cessna Lifeline hospitals offering 24/7 hospital and emergency services: Domlur-Bengaluru, Navi Mumbai, Gurgaon.
Skin is the largest organ in the body, and when it comes to the outpatient cases (OPD cases), majority of the cases are skin disease related.
We take special care and attention combined with the latest technology to diagnose and treat dermatological conditions.
As part of our Dermatology services, we provide
- Impression Smear
- Skin Biopsy
- Wood’s Lamp examination
- Serum Allergy Test
Avian and Exotic Pet Care
In Cessna Lifeline, apart from dogs and cats we extend our expertise to exotics ranging from Guinea Pigs to Iguanas. Our aim is to provide specialist support for care and treatment of these special pets.
Our list of exotics and avian includes
African Grey Parrot | Alexander bird | Belly conure | Blue Crested Conure | Budgerigar | Cockatiel | Conure Fighter Fish | Finch | Guinea Pig | Iguana | Hamster | Lovebird | Rabbit | Turtle | Tortoise | Squirrel
Hemodialysis is a procedure where a dialysis machine and a special filter called an artificial kidney, or a dialyzer, are used to clean blood. Renal conditions need the right care and attention. To provide the best service to pets, we have also partnered with technicians from human hospitals to enable smooth process of hemodialysis.
The Cardiology department at Cessna Lifeline comprises a team of cardiologists who are equipped to perform advanced cardiac diagnostic procedures such as Echocardiography, ECG and radiology and use of biomarkers.
Approximately 1 in 4 dogs will, at some stage in their life, develop neoplasia. Almost half of dogs over the age of 10 will develop cancer. Dogs get cancer at roughly the same rate as humans, while there is less information about the rate of cancer in cats. Some cancers, such as lymphoma, are more common in cats than in dogs.
Our Oncology team is established to provide the best cancer care and treatment. We aim to partner with pet parents and provide them with the best possible options when it comes to cancer care to provide quality life to their pets. Our focus for cancer patients is early diagnosis, prompt treatment and smooth recovery.
We have also associated with Dr. Nupur Desai – board certified veterinary oncologist, Mumbai to provide specialist opinion. We are also associated with HCG hospital, Bengaluru to apply knowledge of human oncology to veterinary practice.
Our services for cancer care include
Chemotherapy uses one or more anti-cancer drugs as part of a standardized chemotherapy regimen. Chemotherapy may be given with a curative intent, or it may aim to prolong life or to reduce symptoms. At Cessna Lifeline, we aim to provide quality of life with this treatment and monitor pet’s health at regular intervals to ensure the same.
- Surgical Oncology
When surgical intervention is required for cancer treatment, our hospitals are equipped with advanced technology to perform these procedures. Our peri-operative care is exceptional and supported with advanced diagnostic investigations.
Often, as clinicians we find signs and symptoms might go unnoticed or even sub-clinical (like minor lumps and bumps). If you have pets over the age of 6 years, our recommendation is that you must register for a master health checkup Register
Dental health is one of the most important aspects to pet care and goes unnoticed very often by pet parents. If left unattended, it can lead to host of serious complications like heart, liver, systemic infections and periodontal disease.
The services we provide under dentistry include
- Dental Scale and Polishing (DSP)
- Dental Filling
- Extraction (milk, deciduous tooth, injury or gum disease)
- Full Mouth Teeth Extraction.
Cessna Lifeline has progressed leaps and bounds in the field of Ophthalmology. Our team is highly qualified to perform routine to advanced ophthalmic procedures. At Cessna Lifeline we extend comprehensive and advanced diagnostic modality and treatment.
Our list of services includes
- Comprehensive Ophthalmological examination
- Cataract and Intra-ocular lens replacement
- Conjunctival and corneal graft
- Tumor excision
- Repair of congenital and acquired conditions
- Phaco-emulsification (on par with human ophthalmic surgeries)
We also employ the assistance of human ophthalmic surgeons to achieve excellent surgical outcome.
Small Animal Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine encompasses the fields of infectious disease, hematology, respiratory disease, gastroenterology, immunology, nephrology, urology and endocrinology. Clinical medicine and preventive healthcare are also eligible under this bracket. We have a well-qualified team of doctors, specialists and veterinary assistants across all branches that provide exemplary service to pets.
Preventive Healthcare policy believes in the proverb ‘prevention is always better than cure’.
- Comprehensive health checkups for your little ones
- Dental assessments
- Geriatric healthcare plans for your senior pets and much more.
Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
Physiotherapy is a rehabilitation specialty with a focus on the restoration, maintenance, and promotion of optimal physical function throughout the lifespan of a pet. It is provided to pets who have (or may develop) impairments and activity restrictions relating to conditions of the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and integumentary systems.
Since its inception in 2013, Cessna Lifeline’s physiotherapy department has helped many pets to manage and recover from various orthopedic and neurological conditions and lead a good quality life. Our physiotherapy department works closely with the veterinarians, and performs services based on their referrals. The various modalities offered are as follows:
- Laser Therapy
Laser therapy utilizes penetrating photonic energy to achieve physiological and biochemical changes within the targeted tissues. Laser therapy augments the healing and recovery in conditions such as osteoarthritis, post-orthopedic surgeries, hip dysplasia, paralysis, muscle dystrophy, acral lick granuloma, and acute and chronic wounds. Laser therapy results in alleviation of pain and inflammation, immunomodulation, promotion of wound healing, tissue regeneration and nerve stimulation.
Hydrotherapy can be used for physiotherapy, rehabilitation as well as general fitness. Hydrotherapy uses the properties of water like buoyancy, viscosity, resistance, and hydrostatic pressure to provide beneficial outcomes in the patient.
At Cessna Lifeline, we offer two forms of hydrotherapy: the pool and the underwater treadmill. Both have their own significant benefits. The form of hydrotherapy is selected based on the patient’s health condition, temperament, and comfort level.
We offer various packages to suit and cater to different sizes of pets.
NOTE: Although most dogs are natural swimmers, they may panic or get stressed due to fear. Therefore, the first few sessions of hydrotherapy are carried out with assistance. Life jacket, harness and other appropriate floatation and supportive equipment will be provided as per the patient’s requirement.
To book a hydrotherapy session, click here.
- Fitness Programs
We also design customized fitness programs for your pets which would be a combination of physical therapy and hydrotherapy. This would be based on a comprehensive consultation with our veterinarians who would determine a proper fitness program for your pets.
To book a consultation, click here.
Small Animal Surgery
At Cessna Lifeline, we offer state-of-the-art surgical facilities. Our doctors are well-trained and renowned for their surgical skills. Cessna Lifeline is renowned for performing surgeries like ophthalmic microsurgery, neurosurgery, spinal cord decompression, correction of brachiocephalic (flat nosed dogs like pugs and bull dogs) syndrome and many more. To enhance surgical precision, we have facilitated the use of various equipments such as C-arm, laparoscopy and laser technology.
Central Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory
Diagnostics plays an integral part in your pet’s wellness and health checkups. Keeping this in mind, we have brought the lab and diagnostic facilities within our offering. When you visit a Cessna Lifeline hospital, you can be assured that if a test or diagnostics is required for further investigation for your pets, not only will it be done within the premises* but we also aim to deliver quick and reliable results.
To ensure high quality diagnostics, we have collaborated with renowned institutes like Texas Veterinary Medical Association, Cornell University and Antech Diagnostics, USA to meet our diagnostic needs. These widely recognized institutions assist us with tests like
- Serum Trypsin like immunoreactivity
- Acetylcholine receptor antibody
- Anti-Mullerian hormone assay
- Immunophenotyping/Flow cytometry
Samples collected at our hospitals are dispatched internationally and they provide us with the diagnostic results for the same. This helps cement our promise to deliver accurate results to our clients.
Cessna Lifeline is having a fully functional clinical pathology unit which provides:
- Hematology – A branch of medicine involving the study and treatment of blood to identify various disease conditions like anemia, blood parasites (haemoprotozoans), infections etc.
- Clinical Biochemistry – This is a division of laboratory medicine that deals with the measurement of chemicals (both natural and unnatural) in blood, urine, and other body fluids. These test results are useful for detecting health problems, determining treatment options, and progress of disease.
- Clinical Pathology – Clinical pathology helps accurately diagnose disease through laboratory testing of blood, bodily fluids, and tissues, and by evaluation of individual cells. A variety of test procedures and microscopic examinations are performed to confirm a clinical impression, establish, or exclude a diagnosis, monitor therapy, and help establish a prognosis.
- Cytology – Cytology is the microscopic examination of cells that have been collected from the body. By examining the appearance of these cells, including their number, size, shape, color, internal characteristics, and how they fit together with their neighbors, it is often possible to make a diagnosis of a specific disease process. The most important thing cytology can tell us is whether a problem is caused by inflammation or by neoplasia (abnormal growth of tissue). Cytology is most useful for the detection of infectious conditions such as histoplasmosis, bacterial and fungal rhinitis and tumors like pulmonary neoplasia, lymphoma, sarcoma, melanoma, hepatic lipidosis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatic malignancy, transmissible venereal tumor (TVT, Transitional cell carcinoma and corneal tumors).
- Histopathology – Histopathology is the examination of samples of whole tissues and is performed on a solid piece of tissue that has been collected surgically. The tissue sections are examined under the microscope by a veterinary pathologist. Histopathology focuses on the architecture of the tissue and provides more information about the tissue and the accuracy of a diagnosis is usually high.
- Clinical Microbiology – In our laboratory, we perform isolation and identification of organisms (bacteria/fungi), antibiogram, and molecular biology. This enables us to diagnose different infectious diseases, choosing the right antibiotic and to monitor the progress of the treatment.
- Whole blood storage facility for transfusion – Blood transfusion is imperative when a pet is suffering from hemoprotozoans, hemorrhage, anemia and any blood loss conditions. We have created a facility to store blood collected from eligible pets and use in times of emergency.
- Endocrinology – We perform hormonal assays such as estrogen, progesterone, ACTH, cortisol, parathyroid hormone, thyroxine, and insulin. Our lab is using species-specific kits for these assays.
- Immunology – Flow cytometric immunophenotyping remains an indispensable tool for the diagnosis, classification, staging, and monitoring of haematologic neoplasms. Phenotypically abnormal populations have been documented in many haematologic neoplasms, including lymphoma and plasma cell neoplasms.
- Infectious diseases scanning – Snap tests performed in our lab helps a veterinarian in the quick diagnosis of infectious diseases such as Canine Distemper, Parvoviral infection, Babesiosis, FELV, FIV, Ehrlichiosis, Toxoplasmosis.
- Biomarkers – New biomarkers promise to transform veterinary practice through rapid diagnosis of diseases, effective monitoring of animal health and improved welfare and production efficiency. We make use of cardiac, liver, and kidney biomarkers to detect the level of elevated enzymes involved in the disease. Biomarkers help in early detection of a disease even before its clinical signs are observed.
- Post-mortem/Necropsy – For selective cases only, with the consent of our pet parents, we perform post-mortem to gauge the cause of death. We also provide post-mortem services for other hospitals where applicable.
Histopathology aids in the definitive diagnosis along with prognosis and can predict whether a cure is possible. This technique is used in inflammatory, congenital, and cancerous diseases like Inflammatory bowel disease, Hepatitis, Glomerulonephritis, and Tumors. While the results may not always be good news, Cessna ensures that your pet receives the best treatment and care possible.
Do you want to register your pet for our blood donor program? Click here.
- Breeding advice
- Post breeding care (advise\consult)
- Pregnancy diagnosis
- Attending dystocia
- Post-natal care (including incubator services)
- Attending any post-whelping complications
Cessna Lifeline Grooming and Salon services for pets has been in operation since 2008.
Grooming is an integral part of your pet’s wellness and care. With all pets, we recommend a good, structured, customized skincare and grooming routine. This could be a mix of professional and personal grooming. A good grooming routine would have many benefits like:
- Grooming enhances the aesthetic appearance of your pets.
- General cleanliness and hygiene maintenance.
- Unnecessary shedding is alleviated, especially with long-haired pets.
- Ticks, fleas and other ectoparasites are managed with routine grooming.
- Frequent skincare and grooming can help in identifying skin issues and help in managing it.
- Frequent brushing of the coat can improve blood circulation and can potentially have a calming and soothing effect on pets.
- Dead layer/hair/debris/dirt/dandruff can be removed from a single session of brushing.
Our list of grooming services include:
- General Maintenance: Includes a routine brushing and bathing.
- Clean and Clear: In addition to coat brushing and bathing, we also give your pets a thorough ear cleaning, anal sac cleaning, cleaning around the eyes and around furry paws.
- Glam ‘N’ Shine: We help your pet shine! We provide shampooing and conditioning to enhance the coat of your pet and make it soft, shiny and tangle-free.
- Fur Style: Professional and customized haircuts for your pets at our grooming parlors. Choose your style and we shall deliver!
- Aromatherapy Massage: We also offer pre-bathing massages with pet-friendly oils that will help enhance the skin and coat of your pet.
- Medicated baths: If your pet is suffering from any skin condition or coat has any issues, we also do routine medicated baths. We also give Ridds bath for tick and flea control for your pets.
We also offer a complimentary post-grooming consultation with our experienced veterinarians. We have grooming packages designed for dogs, cats and rabbits.
All our hospitals are equipped with a grooming center to meet your pet’s grooming requirements.
To book an appointment, click here.
- CT Scan
Our facility for CT scanning is the first of its kind in India. The CT scan machine helps in providing advanced and accurate diagnosis of pulmonary, spinal (spina bifida), orthopedic and genetic conditions. CT Imaging is widely used to locate the metastasis in malignant conditions.
We regularly accept the referrals from other veterinary practices.
We routinely use endoscopic procedures in our daily practice in the areas of gastrointestinal system, respiratory system, and reproductive system. This method helps in providing an in-depth view of organs enabling the veterinarian to confirm the condition and to provide the best treatment plan.
We also regularly perform laparoscopic surgeries like exploratory laparoscopy, liver or kidney biopsy, spaying, cryptorchid neutering. Exploratory thoracoscopy, thoracic duct ligation, and pericardiectomy is also part of our offering in our practice.
Our Ultrasound machine (which is enabled with advanced color doppler) can provide valuable information in diagnosing and planning treatment for a variety of diseases and conditions like
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Kidney and Urinary Stones
- Liver Conditions
- Prostatic Diseases
- Cushing’s Disease
- Joint and Muscle Disease
Echocardiography helps us to diagnose functional cardiac diseases like dilated cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, heart valve conditions and congenital cardiac disease.
Digital radiography (DR) is an advanced form of x-ray inspection which produces a digital radiographic image instantly on a computer. Our practice is equipped with advanced digital radiographic machine which we commonly use for thoracic, abdominal, and neuro-orthopedic conditions.
To book a diagnostic consultation, book an appointment Book here.
We have introduced a new Telehealth platform with an objective of providing quality service to pet parents near or far by joining hands with the fellow veterinary community. As part of this program, veterinarians and pet parents will have access to our Telemedicine, Telemonitoring, Tele-Advice, Tele-Triage, E-prescription, Tele-Diagnostics, Laboratory and Tele-Education facilities.
These services can be used when you need
- A second opinion consult
- No progress in the recovery and healing of pet
- Laboratory services currently unavailable at your location\practice
- Discussion of medical reports
- To perform any diagnostic modalities like CT and MRI.
- For Continuing Veterinary Education programs (CVE).
So, if you are in any part of India, you can still get to benefit from the wealth of knowledge and technology that Cessna Lifeline has to offer.